|Full name||Benjamin Esler|
Esler was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, the son of Rosemary and Murray Esler. He is a graduate of the University of Melbourne, where he obtained a Masters Degree in Applied Ethics as well as a diploma in Professional Ethics. While a student at university, he wrote and performed sketch comedy for the long running University of Melbourne Law Revue.
Esler began his career appearing in the popular Australian police drama Blue Heelers and the award-winning ABC Australia made-for-TV movie Curtin. In 2010 Esler appeared in HBO's Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman and Steven Spielberg-produced and Emmy Award-winning miniseries The Pacific as Private First Class Charles "Chuck" Tatum. After portraying Tatum, he was invited to contribute an afterword to Tatum's World War II memoir, Red Blood, Black Sand, which was used as source material for the series. The book, including Esler's contribution, was re-released by Penguin Publishing in May 2012. He was a series regular for the first three seasons of Hell on Wheels, a Western focusing on the construction of the transcontinental railroad, on AMC, Esler appeared in the role of Sean, an Irish immigrant and ruthless businessman, seeking his fortune in the American West. In 2016 he appeared in The Jury in role of Ernest. That same year he played the role of Charlie Quinn in the SyFy Channel television series The Magicians, based upon the book series by author Lev Grossman. Esler has been announced as a regular cast member in the upcoming untitled ABC pilot from Executive Producer Marc Cherry in the role of Hollis; "a shy, sweet and very odd guy taking care of his wheelchair-bound deaf grandmother who has no idea her grandson kidnaps women and keeps them prisoner in her attic."
- ↑ http://if.com.au/2012/02/24/article/Melbourne-actor-Ben-Esler-From-The-Pacific-to-AMCs-Hell-On-Wheels/JMADBXSBKI.html
- ↑ http://www.us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9781101585061,00.html
- ↑ http://www.amc.com/shows/hell-on-wheels/talk/2011/11/ben-esler-phil-burke-interview
- ↑ https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jury-abc-pilot-casts-brandon-013913039.html
- ↑ http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-magicians-season-1-episode-3-spoilers-feb-1-episode-to-feature-more-spellbinding-drama-156399/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/02/marc-cherry-libby-malcolm-abc-pilots-cast-ben-esler-natalie-hall-caitlin-mcgee-1201900015/