Eliot was born in Whiteland, Indiana and attended Suny Purchase with a major in The Most Liberal of Arts. He grew up on a farm with a violently homophobic father. He also discovered his telekinetic powers when he killed a boy who bullied him at the age of 14. He also participated in a production of Les Misérables, in which he played Jean Valjean.
Sometime after attending high school, Eliot was invited to sit the entrance exam to Brakebills University to which he passed and a short while later, identified as a Physical Kid. At some point, he met Margo, whom he is extremely close friends with.
A tall boy with a slim thin physique and pale skin. Often wears formal clothing and has dark curly wavy hair.
This section needs a rewrite
Eliot is a raver, always ready to toast in the company of friends with his famous cocktails. Eliot actually uses this life of the party persona to hide his melancholy and a loneliness, which would superficially seem to contradict the serene and carefree false appearance that he gives of himself. Near the end of Season 1, he begins a relationship with Mike, a graduate student. However, Mike is later possessed by the Beast, who tries to use a blade to kill Quentin. After Mike kills Eliza and attempts to kill Dean Fogg, Eliot is left with no choice but to magically snap his neck. This heavily affects him the rest of the season, leaving him distraught, as he begins to drink and take more drugs than usual, ostensibly to self medicate his grief.
Magic and Abilities
- Magician: Eliot is a classically trained magician from Brakebills, as well as a Physical disciple. Eliot also seems to have an in-depth understanding of many magical spells and possesses a high aptitude for performing them, making him slightly above average in power at Brakebills University. Eliot has demonstrated his ability to perform complex and powerful spells more than once, such as summoning a miniature lightning ball, adequately utilizing combat spells, and moving between Fillory and Earth through the use of a Golem.
- Telekinesis: As one of the Physical Kids, Eliot is known to possess telekinesis, which first manifested for him when he accidentally killed his high school bully.
- Battle Magic: Due to the looming threat of The Beast, Eliot, Penny, and the rest of the Physical Kids taught themselves rudimentary Battle Magic with a little help from Kady. As Battle Magic requires years to master, the group took the shortcut to quicken the process by suppressing their emotions in magical flasks. After becoming more affiliated with Battle Magic, Eliot no longer needed to bottle up his emotions, as shown when battling with King Idri of Loria, enchanting his sword to imbue him with the skill of a master sword fighter.
- Gifted Intellect: Eliot is able to grasp the full comprehension of magical theory as taught at Brakebills. As is the standard for all Magicians, Eliot possesses an at least Above Average level of intelligence that enables him to utilize the concept of magic and apply it in the physical world.
- Multilingual: Eliot, as well as every other Magician, is able to speak and read in a multitude of languages, as it is a basic requirement for spellcasting.
- Skilled Leader: Eliot, as the High King of Fillory, is a natural leader, although he struggled in the beginning of his reign due to not wanting to grow up and feeling that his place was on Earth. However, he ultimately found meaning in assuming the crown, and took responsibility for Fillory as a kingdom. His skills as a ruler developed slowly, but he was able to great achievements as solving agricultural flaws, evading a war, and better communication with Loria. Eliot tends to be more impulsive and irrational in decision-making than his fellow High Queen Margo which becomes a disadvantage.
- Skilled Swordsman: Eliot, with the help of a spell and sword created by Fen's grandfather, was able to battle Idri, the king of Loria, a swordsman well known for winning and successfully killing 14 duelists. In time, he became more adapt at it without invoking Ember and Umber's power, as noted by what he says to Idri while attempting to save Fillory.
- Mixologist: Eliot is known for brewing the best cocktails at Brakebills University, a skill that became useful when he and Margo created a potion to summon a Djinn, albeit inadvertently.
- Eliot is the only person shown to have two volumes of Life Books.
- Volume 1 of Eliot's Life Book's reference code has the Capricorn zodiac, but Volume 2's reference code has an inverted Saggitarius zodiac.