|Born||November 26, 1966|
|Role||Persephone/Our Lady Underground|
Garcelle Beauvais is the actress who portrays Persephone/Our Lady Underground.
Beauvais was born in Saint-Marc, Haiti, to Marie-Claire Beauvais, a nurse, and Axel Jean Pierre, a lawyer. After her parents divorced, Garcelle and her six elder siblings moved with their mother to the United States, first to Massachusetts and later to Miami.
At age seventeen, Beauvais went to New York City to pursue a career as a fashion model, after she was signed with Ford Models and Irene Marie Models in Miami. She modeled print ads for Avon, Mary Kay, and Clairol. Beauvais also modeled in catalogs for Lerner New York Clothing Line, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom; and walked the catwalk for Calvin Klein and Isaac Mizrahi, as well as shooting TV commercials for Burdines. She has appeared in Essence and Ebony, and is the cover model for the Jet June 6, 2011 issue. She also posed for Playboy's August 2007 issue. In 1994, Beauvais first gained national attention as an actress playing the role of Cynthia Nichols in the primetime Aaron Spelling soap opera Models Inc.. From 1996 to 2001, she co-starred in The Jamie Foxx Show as hotel employee Francesca "Fancy" Monroe and the love interest of Jamie Foxx's character, Jamie King. From 2001 to 2004, she played Assistant District Attorney Valerie Heywood and the love interest of Detective Baldwin Jones (Henry Simmons) on NYPD Blue. In 2011 and 2012, Beauvais played a character on the TNT law drama Franklin & Bash. In 2013 Beauvais once again played the love interest to Jamie Foxx, playing the First Lady while he played the President in White House Down. She starred in R. Kelly's music video for "Down Low (Nobody Has to Know)", as the wife of Ronald Isley and the lover of R. Kelly, delivering the title line as inducement for an affair. In 2001, after the Jamie Foxx Show ended its run, Beauvais appeared in Luther Vandross' music video, "Take You Out," playing Vandross' girlfriend. She also appeared on some episodes of Grimm as Henrietta. In 2016, Beauvais was named as one of the co-hosts of the syndicated infotainment discussion series Hollywood Today Live after a month-long period of guest hosting the show.
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/garcelle-beauvais/189958/
- ↑ https://books.google.com/books?id=YPegAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT246&lpg=PT246&dq=usher+haitian&source=bl&ots=CK-T7yPOdA&sig=DpVA4Q3xb6CPC6zVIaezWJI47kQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=oq6HU9-jL-iusATtzICYCA&ved=0CCoQ6AEwATgU#v=onepage&q=usher%20haitian&f=false
- ↑ http://concreteloop.com/2011/06/mag-cover-garcelle-beauvais-talks-divorce-life-renewal-in-jet-magazine#more-751142
- ↑ http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2008/11/17/garcelle-beauvais-nilon-and-her-petit-bijoux/
- ↑ http://ca.askmen.com/women/actress_60/85c_garcelle_beauvais.html
- ↑ http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/hollywood-today-live-renewed-season-2-garcelle-beauvais-1201695481/