Not much is given about this discipline though it is presumed that, similar Psychic, it mainly involves distorting the senses through forced mental manipulations. It is suggested that Illusionists are able to conjure Illusions powerful enough to become corporeal, though this hasn't been expanded on as of yet.
The Illusionist Castle is located above The Sea but is invisible and only detectable by Illusionists. It is tethered to the field by a bannerless spiral staircase, which is also invisible. The staircase is a common center of amusement as students end up tumbling off of it after a night of partying at the Castle.
- Mirror Magic: The manipulation of mirror images.
- Invisibility: A major arcanum, as described by Quentin Coldwater. This involves scrubbing your image out of existence and is said to take years to accomplish fully (though Illusionists are likely more adept at it). One was cast by a Lorian Master Magician, Illario, on a flat stone for Julia which rendered anyone wearing it invisible from a god.
- Camoflage/Cloaking: This involves taking elements of your environment (grass, leaves, stones) and glamoring them to mask your image. It is said to work best from a distance.
- Projections: An illusion executed around an area to make it look like another place. This was cast by a Lorian Master Magician, Illario, on Castle Whitespire during Prince Ess's attempt to fool Margo into marrying him.
- Sensory Manipulation
- Vanishing: This discipline was mentioned by Professor Sunderland while testing Quentin's discipline.