|Also known as|| Bambi (by Eliot)|
High Queen Margo
High King Margo
Janet (mind wiped identity)
Bambi One-Eye (by Eliot)
|Status|| Alive (40th Timeline)|
Deceased (23rd Timeline)
High King of Fillory
High Queen of Fillory (formerly)
|Portrayed by||Summer Bishil|
|First Appearance||Unauthorized Magic|
|Last Appearance||Will You Play With Me?|
Margo Hanson is one of the Physical Kids and a main character of Syfy's The Magicians. The party animal of the group, Margo seems to be attached at the hip to Eliot. Margo is portrayed as both deeply insecure and surprisingly strong. She is outspoken and sometimes causes controversy, but is also fiercely loyal.
To be added
To be added
To be added
Loss of MagicEdit
To be added
To be added
To be added
High King of FilloryEdit
The gang was planning on how to take back the throne of FIllory from Tick. Margo reluctantly agreed when Eliot proposed that the campaigning High King of Fillory should be male, and she decided not to run.
As they were formulating an idea on how to return to royal status and take back the throne, Margo had the idea of raining flyers on the people that called for an election. This forced Tick to actually do an election because it would have been "nearly impossible" to refuse such a promise. As Eliot and Tick Pickwick were both campaigning, Eliot, Fen , and Margo went to go meet Fray where Margo got into a conversation with Humbledrum the Bear . They pretty much only talked about bestiality but Margo and Humbledrum seemed to become very friendly towards one another. Margo was even able to accurately deduce that Fray and Humbledrum were in love with one another.
When Rafe went to the Muntjac to announce the results of the election, it was revealed that even though Margo was not even on the voting ballot, she won as a write-in. Since she was the only human to stop and listen to the concerns of the talking animals during the campaign period, all of the talking animals voted for her. Her discussion with Humbledrum, who turned out to be a respected member of the talking animal community, meant that she was the first human to advocate for a system that would allow the talking animals to be seen as equal to humans through interspecies marriage. Consequently, since there turned out to be over 1 million talking animals versus about 50,000 humans in Fillory, Margo was appointed as High King of Fillory.
As one of her first actions as High King, she pardoned Tick and wanted him to join her cabinet, even though she doesn't trust him and has him under 24-hour surveillance. As High King of Fillory, Margo gave a moist and warm area of Fillory to the Faeries and fulfilled the deal with the Fairy Queen. She gave faeries full citizenship, protection under the law and a seat in the government. As a reward, the Fairy Queen replaced Margo's missing eye with a fairy eye. This new eye allowed her to see things that normal human eyes cannot. Since the fairy eye looks different from a normal eye, the Fairy Queen also glamoured it so only the Fairy Queen, Margo, Eliot, and Fen know that Margo has one fairy eye. The Fairy Queen also said that Margo will learn to understand the eye in time which insinuates that there is more power in the eye than Margo understands.
- "There wasn't a blood test to tell me to be High Queen. I chose it, and I have had to fight for every shred of authority. And no offense, but you can't understand because it was handed to you. And now I'm supposed to abandon my kingdom? Those fairy bitches wanna come for my crown, well I'll shove it up their fucking eggholes!"
Margo is a strong, independent woman who is not afraid to speak her mind and a high-spirited magician whose specialty is gossip, competition, and drama. Although at first sight, she may seem superficial, Margo is a keen observer. Margo has shown to be the most rational of the group during stressful situations, often being mistaken for cruel and bitter. The fact is, she tends to be pragmatic, focusing on what needs to be done instead of her emotions, as shown when talking about Alice's death.
She has a strategic approach to solving problems, and is very skilled at this, being characterized by Eliot as a "quick-thinking" individual. Examples such as planning the robbery to a bank and the tracking of the FU fighters, serve to prove this trait. Though as demonstrated in her deals with the Fairies, she does sometimes seek solutions to temporary problems that have permanent consequences.
Realistic but occasionally too harsh, Margo secures her position as High Queen of Fillory and helps keep her best friend-turned-King, Eliot, in check all while upping the wardrobe ante. Smarter than people give her credit for, Margo becomes a force to be reckoned with as she helps the kingdom and faces off against a looming fairy threat.
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
- Magician: Despite her party animal reputation, Margo is a proficient student magician in her own right. While Margo's discipline is yet to be displayed, Margo is still considered to be a very gifted magician. Margo is able to perform different kinds of magic and spells to varying degrees of success. As she has been grouped with the Physical Kids, her discipline deals with matter and energy. She was able to charm the entirety of the Castle Whitespire staff to perform 'One Day More' from Les Miserables, as well as adequately perform rudimentary Battle Magic.
- Telekinesis: As a member of the Physical Kids, Margo is known to possess telekinesis.
- Battle Magic: Due to the looming threat of The Beast, Margo and the rest of the Physical Kids taught themselves rudimentary Battle Magic with a little help from Kady. As Battle Magic requires years to master, the group took the shortcut to quicken the process by suppressing their emotions in magical flasks.
- Fairy Sight: After winning the election to become Fillory's High King, Margo was given an eye of the Fairies as a gift from the Fairy Queen. The eye allows Margo to see much more than a human eye could, and is hidden in plain sight. It is still to be shown what the true ramifications and abilities a fairy eye posses
- Gifted Intellect: Margo is able to grasp the full comprehension of magical theory as taught at Brakebills. As is the standard for all Magicians, Margo possesses at least an Above Average level of intelligence that enables her to utilize the concept of magic and apply it in the physical world.
- Skilled Tactician: Margo has displayed formidable tactical and strategic ingenuity, often using cunning and planning to effectively assess situations and come up with effective strategies, making her by far the best tactician among the Physical Kids. Due to this, Margo was able to formulate a plan to break into a well-guarded bank that employed a Magician-enforced security system with only a minor conflict.
- Skilled Leader: Margo is an accomplished leader, able to take over and run the kingdom of Fillory in the absence of its High King. She was able to use her diplomacy skills (albeit rather abrasively) to appeal to the Fairy Queen in order to restore the Wellspring. She was also able to lead and loosely mentor Physical lowerclassmen Quentin, Alice, Kady, and the rest of the Physical Kids, even Todd, on the conduct of the school after they were sorted into their Disciplines.
- Multilingual: Margo, as well as every other Magician, is able to speak and read in a multitude of languages, as it is a basic requirement for spellcasting.
Eliot Waugh: Eliot and Margo are described as inseparable, becoming symbiotic to each other. They met in their first year, as he didn't know anything about her before that time, and Margo describes him as the only person she can stand. During the time they were at Brakebills, Margo and Eliot were seen as party royalty and male chasers. Margo also seemed to prevent Eliot from overdosing on drugs, and keeping him grounded when needed, a trait observable even post-Brakebills time. Eliot, on the other hand, always uplifted Margo's self-esteem, showcased in complimenting her after difficult events as the probability spell or when crowning her. The nickname "Bambi" is an affection shown by him multiple times.
However, when ascending to Fillory's throne, their relationship started straining and eventually started developing rage and bitterness against each other, due to Margo's hard decision to strike a deal with the Fairy Queen. Although the broken relationship, Eliot partially forgave her as she had shown regret.
Quentin Coldwater: Margo has a weak friendship with Quentin. She teases him a lot of the time, so as she does to most people, or even insults him but genuinely cares about Quentin as shown in the speech she did when coronating him  or seeming sad right after Alice's supposed death and Quentin's effort to bring her back from niffin state.
Julia Wicker: It might be said that Margo admires her, but it's not a heavily developed relationship. It mostly consists of Margo bashing her for her deal with Martin, verbally fighting and helping her with the copy of a book , and praising her "in a sick way"
Eliot to Margo: "I have known what you truly are since the day we met. Long may you reign."
To Quentin: "And I'm sorry too. Not about the sex, I don't really even remember it. Mostly my part in fucking up something that was good for you."
To Quentin: "It's the universe deep dicking us. Lay back and try to enjoy it."
To Quentin: "A great way to get what you want is to be so miserable that you don't want it anymore."
To Alice : "I like competition."
To Eliot :"Did he just call me a virgin?"
To Quentin: "I need a free moment to rub one out in a bath before I fucking kill someone."
To Eliot: ' My crown is just as heavy as yours.'
To Ess: ""And now we're gonna put our Jimmy Choo's so far up your ass, you gonna taste next season.""
- While in the Neitherlands library, the Librarian named Penny, Alice, Eliot and accidentally calls Margo by the name Janet. This is a reference to the name of the character from the book, which Margo is based on.
- After being mind-wiped, she is called Janet, another reference to the book character.