- "I'm in too. I heard the word illegal"
|Also known as|| El|
High King Eliot, The Spectacular
High King of Fillory
|Portrayed by||Hale Appleman|
|First Appearance||Unauthorized Magic|
|Last Appearance||We Have Brought You Little Cakes|
Eliot was born in Whiteland, Indiana and attended Suny Purchase with a major in The Most Liberal of Arts. Not much of anything is known about Eliot's early life and that of his parents, except for the fact that he discovering his telekinetic powers when he killed a boy who bullied him at the age of 14. He participated in a production of Les Miserables.
Sometime after attending high school, Eliot was invited to sit the enterance exam to Brakebills University to which he passed and a short while later, identified as a Physical Kid. At some point, he met Margo, whom he is extremely close friends with.
A tall boy with a slim thin physique and pale skin. Often wears formal clothing and has dark curly wavy hair.
Eliot is a raver, always ready to toast in the company of friends with his famous cocktails. Eliot actually hides a melancholy and a loneliness that contrast sharply with the serene and carefree false appearance that he gives of himself. Near the end of Season 1, he begins a relationship with Mike, a graduate student. However, Mike is actually possessed by the Beast, who tries to use a blade to kill Quentin. After Mike kills Eliza and attempts to kill Dean Fogg, Eliot is left with no choice but to magically snap his neck. This heavily affects him the rest of the season, as he begins to drink and take more drugs than usual.
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
Eliot is an experienced magician and one of the Physical Kids. Eliot seems to have an in-depth understanding of many magical spells and has a high aptitude for performing them. Eliot is possibly above-average in power at Brakebills, having shown the ability to perform complex and powerful spells quite easily. He has expressed an innate predisposition to Telekinesis, as it was the first spell he had ever done, without knowing he was a magician prior.
- Mike McCormick: Eliot had a brief relationship with Mike, a graduate of the school, However Mike is possessed by the Beast and kills Eliza and then attempts to kill Eliot leaving him with no choice but to snap Mike's neck with a spell. Eliot is very distraught after doing so, showing how deeply he really felt about Mike.
- Margo Hanson: Eliot also spends a lot of time with Margo and it has been said she is his best friend, their relationship being one of co-dependence. They obviously care about each other, and at the same time rely on each other.
- Quentin Coldwater: Eliot also flirts with Quentin throughout the series, never taking these advances too seriously until one night when he, Quentin and Margo, having spent too long with their emotions magically locked away, have a threesome.
- Fen: Eliot has a strained relationship with Fen, who he respects but isn't sexually attracted to due to his homosexuality.
- King of Lorian - He displays an interest in the Lorian King, who mutually shares his attraction.