|Also known as|| Bambi|
High Queen Margo, The Destroyer
|Occupation|| Student (formerly)|
High Queen of Fillory
|Portrayed by||Summer Bishil|
|First Appearance||Unauthorized Magic|
|Last Appearance||We Have Brought You Little Cakes|
Margo Hanson is one of the Physical Kids. The party animal of the group, Margo seems to be attached at the hip to Eliot. Margo is portrayed as both deeply insecure and surprisingly strong. She is outspoken and sometimes causes controversy, but is also fiercely loyal.
Margo is a brunette with slightly tanned skin and shiny chocolate-colored hair. Her fashionable clothes are always coordinated with accessories, wearing high heels even in the least appropriate situations.
Margo is a high-spirited magician whose specialty is gossip, competition and drama. Although at first sight she may seem superficial, Margo is a keen observer. Margo has shown to be the most rational of the group during stressful situations, often being mistaken for cruel and bitter. The fact is, she tends to be pragmatic, focusing on what needs to be done instead of her emotions, as shown in The Flying Forest, when talking about Alice's death. She has a strategic approach to solving problems, and is very skilled at this, being characterized by Eliot as a "quick-thinking" individual. Examples such as planning the robbery to a bank and the tracking of the FU fighters, serve to prove this trait.
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
- Magician: Despite her party animal reputation, Margo is a proficient student magician in her own right. While Margo's discipline is yet to be displayed, Margo is still considered to be a very gifted magician. Margo is able to perform different kinds of magic and spells to varying degrees of success. As she has been grouped with the Physical Kids, her discipline deals with mattter and energy. She was able to charm the entirety of the Castle Whitespire staff to perform 'One Day More' from Les Misersbles, as well as adequately perform rudimentary Battle Magic.
- Telekinesis: As a member of the Physical Kids, Margo is known to possess telekinesis.
- Battle Magic: Due to the looming threat of The Beast, Margo and the rest of the Physical Kids taught themselves rudimentary Battle Magic with a little help from Kady. As Battle Magic requires years to master, the group took the shortcut to quicken the process by suppressing their emotions in magical flasks.
- Interdimensional Travel: While in possession of The Button, Margo and the Physical Kids were able to traverse between Fillory, The Neitherlands, and Earth.
- Gifted Intellect: Margo is able to grasp the full comprehension of magical theory as taught at Brakebills. As is the standard for all Magicians, Margo possesses at least an Above Average level of intelligence that enables her to utilize the concept of magic and apply it in the physical world.
- Skilled Tactician: Margo has displayed formidable tactical and strategic ingenuity, often using cunning and planning to effectively assess situations and come up with effective strategies, making her by far the best tactician among the Physical Kids. Due to this, Margo was able to formulate a plan to break into a well-guarded bank that employed a Magician-enforced security system with only a minor conflict.
- Skilled Leader: Margo is an accomplished leader, able to take over and run the kingdom of Fillory in the absence of its High King. She was able to use her diplomacy skills (albiet rather abrasively) to appeal to the Fairy Queen in order to restore the Wellspring. She was also able to lead and loosely mentor Physical lowerclassmen Quentin, Alice, Kady, and the rest of the Physical Kids, even Todd, on the conduct of the school after they were sorted into their Disciplines.
- Multilingual: Margo, as well as every other Magician, is able to speak and read in a multitude of languages, as it is a basic requirement for spellcasting.
Eliot Waugh:Eliot and Margo are described as inseparable, becoming symbiotic to each other. They met in their first year, as he didn't know anything about her before that time, and Margo describes him as the only person she can stand.
During the time they were at Brakebills, Margo and Eliot were seen as party royalty and male chasers. Margo also seemed to prevent Eliot from overdosing on drugs, and keeping him grounded when needed, a trait observable even post-Brakebills time. Eliot, on the other hand, always uplifted Margo's self-esteem, showcased in complimenting her after difficult events as the probability spell or when crowning her. The nickname "Bamby" is an affection shown by him multiply times.
However, when ascending to Fillory's throne, their relationship started straining and eventually started developing rage and bitterness agaisnt each other, due to Margo's hard decision to strike a deal with the Fairy Queen. Although the broken relationship, Eliot partially forgave her as she had shown regretfulness.
- While in the Neitherlands library, the Librarian named Penny, Alice, Eliot and accidently calls Margo by the name Janet. This is a reference to the name of the character from the book, which Margo is based on.
- In her senior year of high school, she robbed a bank.