|Also known as||Professor Lipson|
|Portrayed by||Keegan Connor Tracy|
|First Appearance||Mendings, Major and Minor|
|Last Appearance||Will You Play With Me?|
Professor Lipson is an elegant and sophisticated woman, with a fair complexion and short wavy red hair styled in a very refined way.
During the meeting between Brakebills alumni with current students, Professor Lipson witnessed the Welters game sitting near Dean Fogg at the grandstand, quite amused by the feats of magic demonstrated by the kids. Sometime later, when Penny was stabbed with the Virgo Blade and his injuries were worsening, Professor Lipson was consulted by other healers at the Beakebills clinic due to her experience in the healing field. The woman used a special instrument with lenses to detect the origin of the wound as a curse, but she wasn't able to counter it without access to more details about the weapon and its magic.
She had to give up tickets to "Hamilton" when Margo called her to treat Eliot. After the death of his boyfriend, Elliot's condition worsened considerably. Always using her magical lenses, Professor Lipson was not able to detect anything more than addiction in Eliot. On the other hand, Professor Lipson was able to determine a source of problems in Margo. The teacher placed a glass near Margo and the student shattered the glass by simply standing next to it. Professor Lipson came to the conclusion that something was draining Margo's Chi, or life force. With a witty remark, Professor Lipson asked Margo if she had practiced some unprotected ritual that might have caused such unpleasant situation, somehow associating it to a sexually transmitted infection.
Professor Lipson put Penny in quarantine in a wing of the clinic after he had been polluted by toxic substances in the Library's Poison Room. During Penny staying at the clinic, Professor Lipson noted his progress albeit distant from full recovery. Professor Lipson was able to identify Penny's illness as an injury to the spine and various cancers. Since this was the result of spells, Professor Lipson put her whole department working on finding a cure, estimating from two to three weeks of life left to Penny if they did not find a cure.
Sometime later, Professor Lipson was giving a lesson about the use of unidentified stones that she levitated when the "Magic Plumber" blocked the professor with a magic shield and closed a link to the Wellspring he made appears in the classroom out of nowhere. As he cut the connection to magic, the room became instantly darker and both Professor Lipson and the students started to feel weakened.
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
- Master Magician: Professor Lipson is a master magician, who excels as a possible Healing disciple. A respected member of the Brakebills University faculty, Professor Lipson has the knowledge and skill of a formidable magician, accumulating over the years to grant her the power of a Master Magician. As such, she is the leading Healer in the school, called upon to handle the direst of medical situations.
- Healer: Lipson leads the Healers in the school's infirmary, and is typically seen looking over special cases, such as Quentin's injuries from misusing Battle Magic, as well as overseeing Penny's condition after being cursed by a magical blade. As head of the Healers, Lipson holds a vast index on magical symptoms and illnesses, akin to that of a physician. She was able to quickly determine an affliction in Margo that was causing her Chi to leak from her due to a misused ritual performed by an ex-boyfriend.
- Experienced Educator & Administrator: As a Professor, she is entrusted with the safety of her students from external forces and internal mishaps attributed to young magicians.
- Gifted Intellect: Lipson is able to grasp the full comprehension of magical theory as taught at Brakebills. As is the standard for all Magicians, she possesses at least an Above Average level of intelligence that enables her to grasp the concept of magic and apply it in the physical world.
- Multilingual: Professor Lipson, as well as every other Magician, is able to speak and read in a multitude of languages, as it is a basic requirement for spell casting.
- When Margo was kidnapped by Prince Ess, she dreamed Professor Lipsons addressing her with jokes during mid-term exams.