|Professor Van Der Weghe|
|Portrayed by||Wayne Pére|
|First Appearance||Unauthorized Magic|
Professor Van Der Weghe was a professor at Brakebills University.
Professor Van Der Weghe oversaw Julia Wicker when she failed to pass Brakebills' Entrance Exam, explaining to her that she lacked the the attributes of a proper Magician, and that he would be responsible for removing her memories of the school. Though Julia argued with their logic, he relented. Before removing her memories, Van der Weghe took a moment to sanitize his hands, allowing Julia the opportunity to mark her arm so she didn't completely forget what had happened.
After preparing himself, he initiated the procedure.
During one of his lectures, as he began quoting a Germanic poetry exerpt, Professor Van der Weghe, along with the entirety of his class, fell under the effect of a Paralysis Spell. Shortly afterwards, a man in a suit stepped through the class' mirror. As he explored the room, he took notice of Van der Weghe and, performing a complex casting, killed the paralyzed Van der Weghe.
His body would later be bagged and carted out after the faculty secured the area following the mysterious strangercs departure.
Magic and AbilitiesEdit
- Master Magician: Professor Van der Weghe had the knowledge and skill of a formidable magician, accumulating over the years to grant him the power of a Master Magician. As such, he is capable of efficiently altering the memories of the individuals who donct pass the Entrance Exam.
- Gifted Intellect: Van der Weghe was able to grasp the full comprehension of magical theory as taught at Brakebills. As is the standard for all Magicians, he possesses at least an Above Average level of intelligence that enables him to utilize the concept of magic and apply it in the physical world.
- Physicist: Van der Weghe was a knowledgeable physicist, instructing his students on the various properties of metallic alloys and their interaction with magic on a quantum level.
- Multilingual: Van der Weghe, as well as every other Magician, is able to speak and read in a multitude of languages, as it is a basic requirement for spellcasting. Notably, he was able to recite an exerpt from a German poet fluently.
- Experienced Educator & Administrator: As a Proffessor of Brakebills, he was entrusted with the safety of his students from external forces and internal mishaps attributed to young magicians. As such, he personally oversees the individuals who donct pass the Entrance Exam, and is responsible for wiping their memories of any knowledge of both Brakebills and magic.